Housing Program Delivery
TWC works with both government and non-profit organizations in the delivery of housing programs and services.
TWC writes requests for project proposals, designs rental and home ownership program guides, drafts capital grant contribution agreements, administers affordable housing programs and works with housing providers, including municipal housing corporations, in the planning, design, and development of their housing goals.
TWC ensure compliance with government requirements through program development, administration and completion.
First Nations Experience - Miziwe Biik Development Corporation
TWC has been retained by Miziwe Biik Development Corporation to provide general consultation services on affordable housing to their membership.
Miziwe Biik Development Corporation is an umbrella organization providing support to aboriginal people in Toronto with regard to business development, employment training, housing and the arts.
Direct support to Miziwe Biik Development Corporation by TWC includes research, policy and corporate development, implementation of procedures and forms.
To date through Miziwe Biik Development Corporation, TWC has worked with Toronto Council Fire, Native Men's Residence (Na-Me-Res) and Nishnawbe Homes to provide various level of support with regards to affordable housing developing from program review to delivery.
IAH Program Administration - Northumberland County
TWC assisted Northumberland County in the administration, execution and allocation of a $2.2 million Investment in Affordable Housing capital funding program.
Services included the successful submission of a business case for the spending of three years of funding in one fiscal year to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH), the development of a request for project proposal, the evaluation of project proposals and recommendations to Council, the drafting of a contribution agreement between the County and the successful proposal proponent, attending an Ontario Municipal Board Hearing on the proposed project’s planning approvals, and the writing of program reports to MMAH within a 10 month period.
External Consultant - Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada
TWC has an on going relationship with the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHFC). TWC played a major role in help shaping the CHFC’s contribution to the Affordable Housing Program Design and Capacity Building in The Non-profit and Co-op Sectors report.
At the corporation level TWC has assisted CHFC with affordable housing work plans, government communications, membership communication, sector presentations and summaries of government affordable housing announcements, program details, and related issues.
TWC also consults with housing co-ops across Canada with regard to initiating new housing co-ops, and property intensification/unit expansion.
Related Delivery Work:
- Acquisition Proposal - Housing Cambridge
- Campaign for a New Housing Program - National Coalition on Housing and Homelessness
- Check-In and Evaluation - Hamilton Affordable Housing Flagship
- Delivery of the Affordable Housing Program - Norfolk County
- Delivery of Affordable Home Ownership Program - City of Peterborough
- Delivery of Affordable Home Ownership Program - City of Windsor
- Delivery of Affordable Home Ownership Program - Wellington County
- Delivery Affordable Rental Housing Program - Bruce County
- Delivery Affordable Rental Housing Program - City of Stratford
- Delivery Affordable Rental Housing Program - Grey County
- Delivery Affordable Rental Housing Program - Huron County
- Delivery Affordable Rental Housing Program - Lambton County
- Delivery Affordable Rental Housing Program - Municipality of Chatham-Kent
- Housing Development Facilitator - Oxford County
- Program Review - Toronto Rent Bank, Neighbourhood Information Post