About the Project
Wigwamen Terrace is a 103-apartment complex for seniors located at 14 Spadina Road beside the Native Canadian Centre of Toronto just north of Bloor St. The building is “L” shaped with one wing being 6 storeys high and the other being 3 storeys high.
This development was a 3 storey addition to the existing 3 storey wing of the building, to accommodate 24 new one-bedroom units and a rooftop terrace with a four season greenhouse.
The new units house Aboriginal seniors and people with disabilities. All the new dwelling units are affordable with monthly rents set below the CMHC market rent average.
- Liaison with City Planning staff & City’s Housing Services Division - City of Toronto
- Worked with CMHC regarding release from High Interest Financing
- Business plan and associated services development
- Coordinating environmental studies – Phase 1 ESA, Designated Substance Survey, and geo-tech study
- Co-ordinated with architect, engineers and contractor on project
- Worked closely with Wigwamen Inc. staff & Board of Directors on project budget